Gaming, Linux, Programming by day. Atheism and tolerance by night. Sci-Fi television all hours of the day.
list of people harry could have reasonably named his second kid after
- ted tonks
- r e m u s f u c k i n g l u p i n
- the giant squid
- dean?? seamus?? roN??
list of dead people harry named his second kid after
- the guy who lied to him his entire life (dumbledore)
- the guy who abused him and his friends his entire life (snape)
Sometimes it’s hard to write without using “he or she”, even though “he or she” is so bloody awkward.
I’m trying to make an analogy of software engineering to cooking.
If I write, “If I order a burger medium-rare, the cook has to understand what medium-rare means before he sends it out to the customer,” it may imply that women can’t be chefs. If I use ‘she’, it may imply that women should be cooking me burgers.
So I have to use ‘he or she’ and that is so painful to read I may as well abandon the analogy altogether.
- wears all the clothes you send her
- moves without letting you know